Roofs are covering on the uppermost part of a house or a building which has the purpose of protecting the building from effects of weather conditions. The roof’s characteristics are dependent on the structure itself, the elements of its design are as follows:
1. Materials – the roof may be made of a lot of materials such as laminated glass, aluminum or ceramic tiles.
2. Construction – the roof’s construction is known by the method of support used and how the specs underneath are bridged and if they are pitched.
3. Durability – its durability brings about the biggest concern because maintenance and repairs are costly. Unseen damage can have some serious effect.
Typical causes of roof problems:
- Lack of maintenance
- Bad weather conditions
- Improper design not fitted for the structure
- Failures of flashing’s
- Gravel stop and metal edge strip problems
- Problems with rooftop, braces, signs and supports
Emergency roof repairs:
- Have a check on gutters if they are not blocked by leaves or any other materials and if found, remove such materials.
- If your gutters dropped, you should tighten the holders or if not just replace them.
- If leaks are found at the edge, try closing them up by using a gutter sealant.
- If rust spots are found, it can be removed using a grinding stone and filling them up with several coats of gutter sealant as rust spots can cause serious damage to the roofs. Its rust are wide-spread; it can be more helpful if you contact an roofing specialist on roof repairs to replace the section of the rusted gutter.
Note: It is not advisable to perform roof repairs during severe weather conditions due to the danger it may cause you. Caution should be practiced when inspecting a possible damage on the roof.