Roofs are covering on the uppermost part of a house or a building which has the purpose of protecting the building from effects of weather conditions. The roof’s characteristics are dependent on the structure itself, the elements of its design are as follows:
1. Materials – the roof may be made of a lot of materials such as laminated glass, aluminum or ceramic tiles.
2. Construction – the roof’s construction is known by the method of support used and how the specs underneath are bridged and if they are pitched.
3. Durability – its durability brings about the biggest concern because maintenance and repairs are costly. Unseen damage can have some serious effect.
Typical causes of roof problems:
- Lack of maintenance
- Bad weather conditions
- Improper design not fitted for the structure
- Failures of flashing’s
- Gravel stop and metal edge strip problems
- Problems with rooftop, braces, signs and supports
Emergency roof repairs:
- Have a check on gutters if they are not blocked by leaves or any other materials and if found, remove such materials.
- If your gutters dropped, you should tighten the holders or if not just replace them.
- If leaks are found at the edge, try closing them up by using a gutter sealant.
- If rust spots are found, it can be removed using a grinding stone and filling them up with several coats of gutter sealant as rust spots can cause serious damage to the roofs. Its rust are wide-spread; it can be more helpful if you contact an roofing specialist on roof repairs to replace the section of the rusted gutter.
Note: It is not advisable to perform roof repairs during severe weather conditions due to the danger it may cause you. Caution should be practiced when inspecting a possible damage on the roof.
Good help, 90 degrees on the ground, did a nice job. I would refer this company to anyone. One day they were short a man, had rain for 2 days, Luke was at my house helping out himself, very impressed, one great sales man. Very hard working crew, No regrets using Lyster Exteriors.Anthony Rice
It is an awesome..Lyster Tigley
This team has gone above and beyond for my family–over and over again.Paul Eddy
Lyster did our roof, attic ventilation, and insulation. They were ECELLENT! They showed up everyday early and worked until it was too dark to keep going. Somehow from when they went in our attic originally the attic cover got left open and when they blew in the new insulin, because of its location they did not see it was open until too late. They came in, closed the hatch, vacuumed every inch of the closet, even every little compartment of the hanging shoe organizer which holds various cleaning supplies in it’s 32 pockets.
The crews were very efficient, hard working, professional, and polite. The last day, they cleaned up…..soooooo much more than they needed to! They even raked the leaves left for over a year surrounding the house. I cannot say enough good about this company. We have them coming back to do more to the house. They weren’t the cheapest bid we got, by far this time, but they rocked the job last time and they will always be the place to get the bid now.Jay Roder
Lysters were friendly, professional and quickly repaired our leaky roof. I was very pleased how soon after I called that they could get the job done. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an honest dependable exterior repair!Tracy O’Connell r